Prevention of tooth decay in adults
All adult patients
• Brush twice daily with fluoridated toothpaste
• Use fluoridated toothpaste with at least 1,350 ppm fluoride
• Brush last thing at night and on one other occasion (usually first thing in the morning)
• Spit out after brushing and do not rinse
• The frequency and amount of sugary food and drinks should be reduced and, when consumed, limited to mealtimes. Sugars should not be consumed more than four times per day
Those giving concern to their dentist (eg with obvious current active tooth decay, dry mouth, other predisposing factors, those with special needs)
Advice – All the above, plus:
• Use a fluoride mouthrinse daily (0.05% NaF) at a different time to brushing
• Consider using an oscillating/rotating power toothbrush
Practice Opening Times
Mon - Thurs: 9:00 - 13:00, 14:00 - 17:30
Friday: 8:30 - 13:00, 13:30- 16:00
Why Choose US?
Alverna House are a local NHS dentist based in St Helens offering a number of services to improve yours and your families dental health.