Prevention of periodontal (gum) disease – to be used in addition to tooth decay prevention advice
All adolescents and adults
• Brush teeth systematically twice daily with either:– a manual brush with a small head and round end filaments,a compact, angled arrangement of long and short filaments and a comfortable handle
OR – a powered toothbrush with an oscillating/rotating head
• Do not smoke
• Consider using toothpastes containing:
– triclosan with copolymer, or
– triclosan with zinc citrate to improve levels of plaque control
• Toothpastes with stannous fluoride may reduce gingivitis
• Clean interdentally using interdental brushes or floss
• Maintain good dietary practices in line with The Balance of Good Health
The toothpastes with “Total” in the title generally contain triclosan – always check on the packaging.
Practice Opening Times
Mon - Thurs: 9:00 - 13:00, 14:00 - 17:30
Friday: 8:30 - 13:00, 13:30- 16:00
Why Choose US?
Alverna House are a local NHS dentist based in St Helens offering a number of services to improve yours and your families dental health.