As a practice we operate a system to ensure that:
Patients’ views are listened to
– we actively seek feedback from our patients via our own and NHS patient surveys
– we offer a range of methods patients can use to give feedback who have not been given opportunity to participate in a survey
– we discuss patient feedback and ways of responding at staff meetings
Effective measures of infection control are used
– all our procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure they comply with the latest national guidelines
– our staff receive regular training in cross infection and undergo continuous monitoring to ensure these standards are met
All legal requirements relating to health and safety in the workplace are satisfied
– we carry out regular inspections of the premises and equipment used
– we regularly review all our health and safety policies to ensure they are in line with current guidelines and legislation
All legal requirements relating to radiological protection are satisfied
– our x-ray equipment is serviced on an annual basis
– we take every care to ensure the highest quality of radiographs are produced to minimize the risks of repeat x-rays
Any requirements of the General Dental Council in respect of the continuing professional development of dental practitioners and other clinical staff are satisfied.
– we follow fully all professional standards as set out by the General Dental Council
– all our staff receive regular training on infection control, relevant aspects radiation protection, CPR and other medical emergencies
– the dentists, therapist, hygienist and dental nurses undertake Continued Professional Development each year to ensure high standards are maintained
– all our dental nurses are fully qualified or currently training on an approved course
As dental professionals, we must be registered with the General Dental Council and meet their standards.
There are nine principles that we must follow:
Put patients’ interests first
Communicate effectively with patients
Obtain valid consent
Maintain and protect patients’ information
Have a clear and effective complaints procedure
Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients’ best interests
Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
Raise concerns if patients are at risk
Make sure your personal behaviour maintains patients’ confidence in you and the dental profession
General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8DQ
www.gdc-uk.org | +44 (0) 845 222 4141 (UK local rate) or +44 (0) 20 7887 3800
We also have to be registered with the Care Qualty commision – http://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/1-153008338 who ensure we are Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well-led.
Practice Opening Times
Mon - Thurs: 9:00 - 13:00, 14:00 - 17:30
Friday: 8:30 - 13:00, 13:30- 16:00
Why Choose US?
Alverna House are a local NHS dentist based in St Helens offering a number of services to improve yours and your families dental health.